Exercise is good for both physical and mental health, and it's even more fun to break a sweat together! This summer, Link's flagship community event, the Tour de LINK, is coming back better than ever. This much-anticipated cross-district indoor cycling competition is calling on all Hong Kong people to join forces. We invite everyone to come together and build healthier communities through wholesome fitness fun!
The competition will be held in two rounds from 3 to 28 August 2022 at six of Link’s malls across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. Each venue will be equipped with fitness bikes to encourage people of all ages to start their fitness journeys one pedal stroke at a time. This year’s competition also includes the addition of children’s bikes at each venue, giving young competitors the chance to sweat it out. Better yet, families are welcome to compete together as a team! So get ready to compete for the title of “Hong Kong Cycling Champ” in the men's, women's, children’s and family categories. To turn up the excitement even more, real-time rankings will be available both at the competition venues and on the event website.
In addition to having fun, participants can ride for district glory by accumulating mileage to contribute to their districts’ total distance cycled. On behalf of the winning district’s participants, Link will donate $100,000 worth of meal coupons to elderly residents in need in the winning district as a charitable gesture and to spread the love throughout the community.
Link's malls have always served as community gathering hubs. With the comeback of the Tour de LINK, Link hopes to bring people from all walks of life together to have fun, stay fit and build a healthy community for everyone!
Tour de LINK 2022
Date: 3 August (Wednesday) 2022 to 14 August 2022 (Sunday)
Time: 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
Location: Lok Fu Place (UG 2/F Atrium, Zone B), Kai Tin Shopping Centre (Atrium, 3/F), Wo Che Plaza (Atrium, 2/F)
Date: 17 August (Wednesday) 2022 to 28 August 2022 (Sunday)
Time: 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
Location: TKO Spot (Atrium, G/F), T Town (South)(G/F), Oi Tung Shopping Centre (Atrium, G/F)
During the competition period, competitors are welcome to ride fitness bicycles at the designated Link shopping malls and compete for the longest distance cycled within a specified time. There is no limit on the number of entries and restriction on participating locations.
The competition is divided into four categories: men's, women's, children’s and family. Participants in the men's and women's categories will be given 5 minutes each to ride the longest distance. The time limit for each rider in the children’s category is 3 minutes. In the family category, participants need to compete in a team of two comprising one adult (riding an adult bike) and one child (riding a kid’s bike). The duo needs to start at the same time, and each will be given a time limit of 3 minutes. Their combined distance cycled will be recorded as a single entry.
At each location, the first place winner in each category will be awarded the "Men’s District Cycling Champ", "Women’s District Cycling Champ", "Children’s District Cycling Champ" and "Family District Cycling Champ" titles respectively. The best record in each category across all six districts will also be awarded the "Hong Kong Cycling Champ" in their respective category.
The collective distance cycled by all participants in the same district will be generated as the district result, giving competitors the chance to ride both for individual glory and district pride!
- “District Cycling Champ” – each winner will receive a commemorative medal (24 winners in total)
- “Hong Kong Cycling Champ" – each winner will receive a folding bike and a commemorative medal (4 winners in total)
- Men's and Women's Champs – an adult folding bike valued at $2,399 for each
- Children’s Champ – a kid's folding bike valued at $2,199
- Family's Champ – an adult and a kid's folding bike valued at $2,399 and $2,199 respectively
- On behalf of the winning district's participants, Link will donate $100,000 worth of meal coupons to local elderly residents via NGOs in the district.
In case of any disputes, the organiser reserves the right of final decision. For further information, please refer to the .
Overall Individual Rankings
Individual Rankings by District
Terms and Conditions
- Link “Tour de LINK 2022” competition is organized by Link Asset Management Limited (the “Organizer”);
- Each participant must be in accordance with the below terms and conditions
- The first round of competition will start on 3 August to 14 August 2022 from 12:00 to 20:00 daily, at Lok Fu Place, Kai Tin Shopping Centre, and Wo Che Plaza.
- The second round of competition will start on 17 August to 28 August 2022 from 12:00 to 20:00 daily, at TKO Spot, T Town, and Oi Tung Shopping Centre.
- Participants will ride stationary bicycles at the event venue in designated shopping centres during competition period, to compete for the highest cycling distance within specified time. In the competition, riders are divided into four categories, namely the Men’s group, the Women’s group, the Children’s group, and the family group.
- Participants of the Children’s group must be aged 5 to 12, the body height requirement is 90cm to 140cm.
- Participants of the Family group must include two participants with a child aged 5 to 12 and body height requirement from 90cm to 140cm.
- Children aged 12 or below are eligible to enter the venue under the accompany & supervision of parent or guardians.
- The Men’s group, Women’s Group and Children’s group are individual competitions, cycling distance of each participation will be counted as one personal record. Each cycling of the Men’s Group and Women’s Group is limited to maximum five minutes. Each cycling of the Children’s Group is limited to maximum three minutes.
- Each cycling of the Family group includes one regular bike and one kids bike, and is limited to maximum three minutes each. The combined cycling distance will be counted as one record.
- The participant of each category with best personal record in the location will be the "Men’s District Cycling Champ", "Women’s District Cycling Champ", "Children’s District Cycling Champ" and "Family District Cycling Champ", each winner will receive a commemorative medal (total 24 winners).
- The participant of each category with best personal record among all locations will be the "Men’s Hong Kong Cycling Champ", "Women’s Hong Kong Cycling Champ", "Children’s Hong Kong Cycling Champ" and "Family Hong Kong Cycling Champ (total 4 winners). The winner of the Men’s group and the Women’s group will receive one regular folding bike and a commemorative medal. The winner of the Children’s group will receive one kids folding bike and a commemorative medal. The winner of the Family group will receive one regular folding bike (value at $2,399), one kids folding bike (value at $2,199) and two commemorative medals.
- The longest accumulated distance cycled by all participants in that district will be the winning district. The Organizer will partner with NGO to donate meal vouchers (value at $100,000) to the elderly of the winning district.
- Number of participations and participate location are not limited. Each participant and each group of participants can submit multiple records. The highest cycling distance among all submissions of the participant will be his/ her/ their best personal record, and will be used to compete “District Cycling Champ” and “Hong Kong Cycling Champ”.
- All individual cycling distance will be accumulated as total cycling distance of the location.
- After each cycling, participant can self-registrate by filling in player name and contact number in the device that is installed on the bicycle (optional).
- Player name will be shown on the leader board at the venue and event webpage. If no player name is submitted, a generic default player name will be assigned.
- Contact number must be mobile number registered in Hong Kong.
- The player name and contact number (“Personal information”) must be clear. Anything that contains nudity, violence, obscenity, vulgarity, pornography, words involving illegal activities or any other offensive content are forbidden. Should the participant submit false or misleading information, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel participant's eligibility to participate and receive prize.
- During the competition period, the ranking of top ten participants and the respective cycling distance of each location and top ten participants among all locations will be disclosed to public, including but not limited to event webpage, e-panel or e-directory in Link shopping centres, leader board, and any other promotional materials and medium used for promotional purposes. The rankings will be updated every ten seconds at the venue and event webpage by refreshing the page.
- Results of the competition will be announced in the event webpage. Winners will be notified individually by phone call. The winners who cannot be contacted will forfeit the prize. Winners who cannot redeem the prize by designated date will forfeit the prize.
- Any impact and loss of participants that cause by technical problems, including but not limited to the delay, loss, error or inability to identify the information submitted with mechanical or network failure, the Organizer shall not be responsible.
- Person(s) is/are prohibited for participating the competition if they are pregnant, with heart disease, high blood pressure, feel unwell or insufficient physical ability.
- To avoid the spread of COVID in the community, all participants are required to wear mask and maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters at the venue, no matter waiting and during the competition. Please follow the regulations of anti-epidemic requirements and social distancing by government. Participants are required to follow the instruction of venue helper who has the right to ask any offender to leave the venue immediately.
- The Organizer will closely monitor the latest epidemic prevention regulation and reserves the right of to implementing of crowed control and limit the number of participants in accordance with the situation. personnel movement control or supervision of law enforcement. If the government's control measures are changed, the preventive measures for event arrangements may be changed in accordance with the law. Event schedule and arrangement is subject to change according to the adjustment of the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance or its subsidiary regulations announced by government.
- Participant is not allowed to bring any objects that are easily loose, with sharp corners, or anything would endanger themselves or others in the competition. Please respect other participants and attendees. Do not push or jump in the queue. Please queue with your families and friends, anyone who join late is not allowed to jump in.
- Participants who attempt to disturb other participants or staff, participants, or refuse to abide by the Rules and Regulations may be requested to leave the venue immediately.
- Queue and wait for the instruction from helper before entering the venue. If the queue area is full, you can get a ticket from the helper and wait. If the number of people in line exceeds the capacity of venue, helper will stop distributing ticket depending on the situation.
- Each participant in the queue counted as one person, do not queue on behalf of others. Anyone who leaves the queue area is required to queue up again. Participant who misses the ticket number more than five in the queue will need to get a new ticket and re-queue.
- Participants must present a valid ticket for entering the venue. The Organizer is not responsible for anyone who fail to present a valid ticket with any reason.
- Please take care of your personal belongings and children.
- Please do not push, run, remove or damage any objects/ facilities at the venue. The Organizer reserves the right to claim the cost from the person who damage any objects/ facilities at the venue.
- The Organizer and its service providers or outsourcing companies are not responsible or liable for any property losses and/or accidental injury of participants.
- Participants must irrevocably and unconditionally agree photos/videos taken during their participation for publicity, marketing and promotion purposes of this or future events.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, postpone or suspend the competition or amend competition content, selection criteria and terms and conditions without prior notice. The Organizer is not responsible or liable for any losses or consequences caused, either directly or indirectly. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the competition.
- The Organizer reserves the right to final interpretation of terms and conditions.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizer shall be final.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Terms & Conditions, the English version shall apply and prevail.