Personal Information Collection Statement
This Statement is made by Link Asset Management Limited ("Link Asset Management") as manager of Link REIT and Link Properties Limited (collectively "Link", “we”, "our" or "us"), in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ('the PDPO'). This Statement intends to notify you why your personal data is collected, how it will be used, to whom the personal data will be transferred and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
Types of Personal Data Held
We hold four broad categories of personal data, namely customers' and tenants' personal data, business associates' personal data, employment-related personal data, website and social media users' personal data.
Collection - Why We Collect Your Data
From time to time, we may collect your personal data to provide our services to you and in an effort to improve your customer experience. You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with some of the information, materials, services and/or products of Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited.
Provision of personal data (i.e. email address or similar personal data) to us is obligatory should you subscribe to “Channel 823” or any contents thereto.
If you are under the age of 18, you must ask your parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
Use - How Your Data May Be Used
The personal data you registered for subscribing to "Channel 823" (whether through our websites or through social media platforms) will be used for:
- disseminate the latest news and activities related to Link’s portfolios, latest development of Link, including but not limited to “Channel 823” or contents thereto;
- to provide information of events in relation to corporate social responsibility programs of Link such as (without limitation) Link Together Initiatives and similar sustainability/community engagement/charity initiatives organised or co-organised by Link at Link’s premises or on Link’s website or social media platforms;
- for handling enquiries and feedbacks for better services to you, tenants and shoppers who patronize Link premises or uses Link’s website or social media platforms;
- to provide services, activities or experiences under at Link’s premises or Link’s website / social media platforms and gauge popularity of the same
- for internal statistical and analysis purposes;
- transfer to the necessary parties identified in this PICS;
- making disclosure so required by law, regulation or court order of any jurisdiction and / or so request by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organization within or outside Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
- for establishing legal claims or defences; and
- obtain legal advices and /or exercising, defending and / or protecting the rights or properties of Link, Link’s affiliates and contractors, agents and third party service providers including identifying, contracting or bringing legal actions against any persons who may be interfering with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) and where any other third party may be harmed or property of any third party may be damaged by such interference
Use of Personal Data in Direct Marketing
We would like to use your email address or social media messengers for sending you "Channel 823" information or part thereof from time to time by way of direct marketing.
If you object to our use of your personal data for the relevant purposes as listed above, you can, at any time without charge, inform us via the “unsubscribe” function available in the emails or social media messengers of “Channel 823” updates or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Personal data held by us will be kept confidential, but we may disclose/transfer such data to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the purposes set out in this Statement:
- the entities comprising all the special purpose vehicles of Link REIT and the subsidiaries of Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited in connection with the operation of our business and activities at Link premises / "Channel 823" or contents thereto;
- professional advisors, service providers or contractors of Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited providing property management services, letting, licensing, social media services at Link premises / "Channel 823" or contents thereto;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, content, information or other marketing and promotional services to us in connection with the operation of our business and activities at or in relation to Link premises / "Channel 823" or contents thereto;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us or who has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential and use them in strict compliance with the requirements of the PDPO;
- any government, law enforcement authorities and administrative organisations and any person to whom we are under an obligation under law to make disclosure.
We strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
Your personal data will be kept in the office of Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited or by the service providers engaged by Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited and is accessible only to our authorized employees and service providers.
Retention of Data
We will keep your personal data for a reasonable time to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected or comply with the relevant rules, regulations and laws of Hong Kong. Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
Data Access/Correction Requests
Under the PDPO. any individual has the right to request access to and correction of his or her personal data held by us. In accordance with the terms of the PDPO, Link Asset Management or Link Properties Limited has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of request.
If you wish to access or correct your personal data in relations to "Channel 823" subscription held by us, please send your request to: email@example.com.
Please read the below terms if you provide your personal data for the use of our services in Mainland China.
Cross-border data transfer
Since "Channel 823" is published by Link Asset Management in Hong Kong, transfer of your personal data to Hong Kong is necessary for us to send you "Channel 823" information or part thereof. During such cross-border data transfer and storage, we are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. If you object to our cross-border transfer of your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the services for the relevant purposes listed above.
Other than the rights to request access and correction, in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law of the People’s Republic of China, you will also have the rights to copy, supplement and deletion of your personal data held by us.
To Change the scope of consent
We respect your right to know and right of decision on the processing of your personal data. You can change the scope of your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time, however this might affect your use of our services. If you wish to access, copy, correct, supplement or delete your personal data in relations to "Channel 823" subscription held by us or to change the scope of your consent, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall apply and prevail.
NOTE: This Personal Information Collection Statement is subject to change and was last updated in July 2022.