This Statement is made by Link Asset Management Limited ("Link Asset Management") as manager of Link REIT and Link Properties Limited (collectively "Link", “we”, "our" or "us"), in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“PDPO”). This Statement intends to notify you why your personal data is collected, how it will be used, to whom the personal data will be transferred and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
Collection - Why We Collect Your Data
From time to time, we may collect your personal data to provide our services to you and in an effort to improve your customer experience. You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with some of the information, materials, services and/or products of Link.
Provision of personal data (i.e. name, email address, contact number, age, education, occupation etc.) to us is obligatory should you register the activities in Link Sustainability Lab (“the Lab”).
If you are under the age of 18, you must ask your parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
Use - How Your Data May Be Used
The personal data we collected from you for registration and participation in the activities to be held in the Lab (whether through our websites or through the registration platform authorized by Link) will be used in the following manner:
- To process your registration of the activities and workshops in the Lab;
- To verify your identity for attending the activities and workshops in the Lab;
- To communicate with you, including but not limited to responding to your enquires and feedbacks on our services and activities;
- To disseminate the latest news about activities related to the Lab, Link’s premises, and latest development of Link;
- Photographs and/or videos taken/recorded in the Lab during the activities in the Lab will be made available and/or published on our website, social media platforms, publications, or other promotional materials used in promotional purposes;
- To be used for matters relating to transfer or assignment of Link’s rights, business or assets and/or changes in business of or significant shareholding in Link or amalgamation of Link with another body;
- To be used for internal statistical and analysis purposes;
- To transfer to the necessary parties identified in this Statement;
- To make disclosure so required by law, regulation or court order of any jurisdiction and / or so request by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organization within or outside Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
- To be used for establishing legal claims or defences;
- To be used for obtaining legal advice and/or exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties of Link, Link’s affiliates and contractors, agents and third-party service providers including identifying, contracting or bringing legal actions against any persons who may be interfering with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) and/or where any other third party may be harmed or property of any third party may be damaged by such interference; and
- To be used for any other purpose which you may from time to time agree. When there is a change of purpose and use of collection of personal information, we shall obtain your consent or indication of no objection
Use of Personal Data in Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal data in direct marketing for sending you information about the Lab from time to time. If you agree to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, please tick the box indicating your agreement to receive direct marketing materials in the consent declaration/application form. If you do not tick the relevant box, we may not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You may, at any time without charge, choose to opt-out from us using your personal data for direct marketing by writing to us at Link Asset Management Limited, 20/F, Tower 1, The Quayside, 77 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Attention: Corporate Data Privacy Officer), or by email email@example.com.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Personal data held by us will be kept confidential, but you agree, consent and authorize us to disclose/transfer such data to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the Purposes set out in this Statement:
- the entities comprising all the special purpose vehicles of Link REIT and the subsidiaries of Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited in connection with the operation of our business and activities at Link premises / "Link Sustainability Lab";
- our professional advisors, service providers or contractors of Link Asset Management and/or Link Properties Limited providing property management services, letting, licensing, social media services, and event organisation or contact at Link premises / "Link Sustainability Lab";
- any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, content, information or other marketing and promotional services to us in connection with the operation of our business and activities at or in relation to Link premises / "Link Sustainability Lab";
- any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who assists us to carry out direct marketing activities as per above;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us or who has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential and use them in strict compliance with the requirements of the PDPO (such as accountants, legal advisors and other advisors);
- any government, law enforcement authorities and administrative organisations and any person to whom we are under an obligation under law to make disclosure;
- those parties who consider it necessary to do so in order to protect and defend our rights and property, comply with applicable laws, regulations, including but not limited to judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal services; and
- any actual or potential assignee(s), transferee(s), successor(s) or purchaser(s) of all or any part of Link Premises or of all or any part of our rights in any business or assets.
We strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
Your personal data will be kept in the office of Link or by the service providers engaged by Link whether in Hong Kong or overseas or in clouds and is accessible only to our authorized employees and service providers.
Retention of Data
We will keep your personal data for a reasonable time to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected or comply with the relevant rules, regulations and laws of Hong Kong. Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed in accordance with our internal retention period and will not be kept longer than necessary.
Data Access/Correction Requests
Under the PDPO. any individual has the right to request access to and correction of his or her personal data held by us. In accordance with the terms of the PDPO, Link has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of request.
If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please send your request to:
Corporate Data Privacy Officer
Link Asset Management Limited
20/F, Tower 1, The Quayside
77 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Kowloon, Hong Kong
or by e-mail: PersonalDataPrivacy@linkreit.com
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall apply and prevail.
NOTE: This Personal Information Collection Statement is subject to change and was last updated in November 2023.