Water usage is mainly for domestic use purposes at our properties, and
our operations do not produce hazardous waste or effluent streams.
- Use recycled water and drought-resistant plants
- Use water-efficient fittings and fixtures, such as self-closing taps, flow restrictors
and dual flush valve
- Collect rainwater for washing vehicles and watering flora
- Ensure sites are cleaned to minimise contamination of stormwater run-off
- Strengthen House Rules /Fit-out Guides specifying the need to avoid sewerage
contamination, especially relating to fit-outs and other building works
- Participate in ‘Quality Water Supply Scheme for Buildings’ and obtain certificates
for six properties in 2021/2022
- In 2020/2021, six of our properties (Tin Yiu Plaza, Butterfly Plaza, Cheung Fat Plaza, Tin Shui Shopping Centre, TKO Gateway and Fu Tung Plaza) have obtained certificates for "Quality Water Supply for Buildings". The cost of ensuring quality water supply and obtaining the above certification is HK$200,000.
- At the Quayside, rainwater recycling system reduces the potable water use for irrigation by 50%. Cooling tower bleed-off for flushing and water efficient sanitary fittings further mitigates portable water use.
- In 2020/2021, no incidents of violations involving water quality, standards and regulations were identified.